School counselors are a key resource for providing appropriate advising relating to secondary course selection and postsecondary planning. To assist with the college and career planning process, the Florida Counseling for Future Education Handbook provides school counselors and academic advisors with a comprehensive academic advising resource to guide student planning for postsecondary education in Florida.
The Handbook is annually updated by the Florida Department of Education Office of Articulation and contains fundamental information and resources important for school counselors and academic advisors to support all students’ college and career goal planning.
We invite you to become familiar with the Handbook and, to begin with, will highlight the following key sections in the Handbook:
- Role of the Middle School Counselor in Postsecondary Advising
- Florida High School Graduation Options for a Standard Diploma
- Virtual Education Options for Florida Students
- Career Development Programs and Services
- Support Services for Minority and Low-Income Students
- College Credit Programs for High School Students
- Acceleration Options
- Seamless Transition within Florida