Instructional Designer Network
The Instructional Designer Network supports the development of high quality online learning experiences for Sunshine State students. The community shares research and best practices, sponsors events and creates collaborative opportunities to help instructional designers gain the knowledge and skills to assist faculty incorporate new technologies into instruction.
Best Practices & Real World Tips
- The Rapid E-Learning Blog: Blog with practical, real-world tips for e-learning success.
- E-Learning Heroes: Active online community that offers tips, e-learning challenges, discussions, and access to templates and assets.
- Learning Solutions Magazine: Magazine with strategies, tools, technologies, services, and best practices to design, develop, implement and manage online learning programs.
- eLearning Industry: Online community or professional which offers articles, concepts, software and resources.
- eLearning Learning: Hub that collects and organizes the best posts and articles on online learning.
- The eLearning Coach: Website with actionable strategies, practical content, product reviews and resources for understanding, designing, and developing online learning.
- Cathy Moore: Blog with ideas for designing lively training for working adults.
- Jane Bozar Bozarthzone: Blog with ideas for creating and outsourcing inexpensive online learning solutions, along with general thoughts about the training and development field.
- Quality Matters: Organization that supports quality assurance.
- Online Learning Consortium: Organization that provides professional development, instruction, best practice publications and guidance to educators, online learning professionals and organizations.
- The eLearning Guild: Online community with information, networking, and resources for online learning.
- Education Advisory Board (EAB): Organization that provides best practice research and practical advice to key academic and administrative leaders.
- The International E-learning Association: Online community of online learning professionals, researchers, and students.
- EDUCAUSE: Online community of IT leaders and professionals committed to advancing higher education.
- The Association for Talent Development: Professional membership organization supporting those who develop the knowledge and skills of employees in organizations.
Training & Support
- Lynda: Online learning platform that helps anyone learn business, software, technology and creative skills to achieve personal and professional goals.
- Atomic Learning: Online training and development solutions for education.
- TechSmith: Online tutorials, support and community for several development products including Snagit, Camtasia, Relay, Loop, Jing, etc.
- Adobe TV: Online resources and support for Adobe tools and services.
- eLearning Brothers: Online library of templates and assets.
- eLearning Infographics: Online library of infographics for online learning.
- eLearning Art: Online library of templates and art for online learning.
- WebAIM: Comprehensive web accessibility solutions.
- Thinkstock: Online library of royalty-free stock images.
- Unsplash: Online library of free, high-resolution images
- Freesound: Online library of audio snippits, samples, recording available for use under Creative Commons licenses.
- Library of Congress: Online library that offers a rich, diverse and enduring source of knowledge to inform, inspire and engage you in your intellectual endeavors.
- w3schools: Website with tutorials and support for programmers.